The Stylebitches » PERSONAL STUFF!

What's a girl to do? (boy issue)

(79 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Imaskingforafriend
  • Latest reply from Sandydee
  1. Imaskingforafriend

Login to Send PM

What do you do if you meet a boy (30 yeear old man) in a bar and quite early on he asks for your number so you give him your number but with one number wrong on purpose. Then the night goes on and one thing leads to another and you go back to his, have a fantastic night and whole next day getting on like a house on fire and he even drives you home (stopping for a Subway sandwich on the way).

And then you really really kick yourself that you gave a false number?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Login to Send PM

Oh dear! Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!! Give us more details - is he in anyway connected to anyone you know? Is there anyway you can contact him, or can you get him on facebook or something?

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. Imaskingforafriend

Login to Send PM

Stalker Alert... I've facebooked the hell out of him and he cannot be found. I've googled him and where he works, the only thing I have is that I know where he lives. But I couldn't, just couldn't pop round and say "hey, wondered if you'd been trying to text me cause I gave you the wrong number" in case he was like "err, nope I haven't, sorry"

Maybe I could write him a letter....

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Blue Steel

Login to Send PM

You went back to his on the first night?

Durty!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Migilito

Login to Send PM

oh goddddddddd!!!!!!!!!! why did u give him wrong number?!?!?! did u not like him at first?!

hopefully he'l ring that number & think you accidently gave wrong number and maybe he'l call to your house (coz he drived you home?)...

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Login to Send PM

okay - did you look him up on bebo, skype...google him? Everything?

Okay - do you know what the number is that you gave him - what is the message minder on it? Is it a 'number not in use' one? If so i reckon he'll come find you....

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Sandydee

Login to Send PM

If all else fails u cud go back to the bar same time next wk and hope he makes an appearance!! explain ur number is new (lie) and ur always writin it down wrong!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Login to Send PM

Oh nooo!!!! Feck!

OK, I think you should send him a little note. Not a letter, that's a bit too much. The guy is obviously in to you, asking for your number straight off and spending the next day with you etc. so I'd say he's pretty gutted that he can't get in touch with you. So don't be afraid to let him know. Like, post him a postcard stuck in an envelope with a short message written in big writing saying..... "I didn't think we'd hit it off the way we did so I gave you the wrong number...here's my real one.... " and leave it at that?!

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Blue Steel

Login to Send PM

What about the friend that likes you? Is he out of the picture now?

As for this guy. See are there any bushes across the road from his house and hide there every night. You should probably bring binoculars too. If he leaves the house, follow him and see where he goes. If he goes to a pub or something similar, chances are he'll be out for a couple of hours. Go back to the house. See if there is an open window. Climb in through the window and go through his laundry. Sniff his boxers. Lie in his bed and pretend you're his wife for a few moments. Go through all his personal things and through the pockets of his jeans looking, hoping that he left his phone behind. If you can't find it, grab a piece of paper and prick your finger. Write him a note in your own blood telling him that you love him and write your real number. Then put the reddest shade of lipstick on and kiss the note at the bottom. Then take off your knickers and leave them with the note. Slip back out of the house and go home, proud of the work you did in bagging the man of your dreams

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. Login to Send PM

Ha ha ha!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. Aoife K

Login to Send PM

Oh My Godess... Blue Steel you are so funny.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Login to Send PM

That's how I met all my boyfriends.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Sandydee

Login to Send PM

coincidently not long after is when u got all them restraining orders too emma?

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. Login to Send PM

Yes, I can't understand why that keeps happening... LOVE MEEEEE!!!

On a serious note, iamaskingforafriend, I hope you do manage to track him down. L's postcard idea isn't bad, nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Login to Send PM

Blue Steel, from a boys perspective.....if this all happened with you and you then tried to text/ring the girl a couple of days later and realised you didn't have the right number, what would you do?

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. Ali

Login to Send PM

totally want to hear how this works out.................

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. Blue Steel

Login to Send PM

It's a strange one I have to say. Should have got his number at the time, then you could've text him and he would've thought it was a genuine mistake. Or said to him before you left "Give me a text so I can get your number and to make sure you have mine" or something along those lines. Remember to so something like that for the future.

I'd probably think it was a mistake. But I'd have no way of contacting her. I'd go to the same bar, the same day the next week and hope she has the same idea (If she wants to meet me again). Oh, forgot that he knows where she lives. Probably drop out to her house and see if she wanted to go out again.

It would be a bit strange getting a postcard saying "Why haven't you text me?". I don't think there's much you can do at the moment without sounding like a mad stalker.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Imaskingforafriend

Login to Send PM

I don't know what to do
    I'm an awful stew.

Argh. So annoyed at myself. Any option I have involves me being an actual stalker. I was considering phoning his work and asking for his email address. I could actually probably guess it but still - kerazy lady. Run run run.

And Blue Steel, FYI, all we did was hold hands.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Blue Steel

Login to Send PM

Ha Ha, yeah right. Just like the night you had with the 44 year old a couple of months back?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. Roisin Curtis

Login to Send PM

Oh Blue Steel are u keeping track????

Imaskingforafriend, I'd stay well clear of the whole stalking thing. If ur meant to see him again u will. Oh and when u do don't tell him u gave him the wrong number cause he will wonder why u did that in the first place. Just let on u either gave him a wrong digit or he took it down wrong.

If all else fails, build a baseball park in ur back garden.
    As a wise man once said "If you build it he will come"

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. Login to Send PM

Blue Steel stop being so sanctimonious! It's not a good colour on you!

I do agree with BS though on the 'let him find you' advice,...but DO go to the same pub this weekend...HELP him find you!

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. Blue Steel

Login to Send PM

Hey B. That was a good comeback. (I gave good advice so I can say what I want).

I'm sure, Imaskingforafriend will come back in and say touché to me

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. Login to Send PM

oh what a pickle to be stuck in..
    i cant wait t c wat happens..

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. Login to Send PM

Ha ha! Get f*cked Blue Steel...

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. AC

Login to Send PM

OK, so the stalker option is out (which is right) and now the only option is going to the same bar to see if he's there, which is fair enough.

But the problem now is that even if he's there, will he approach you? I think you'll have to approach him and chat him up this time, and even then it might not work out.

Here's why:

I assume he's tried texting/calling you at this stage and has come to the conclusion that the phone number is a dud.

I think we need to talk about how false was the number? Is it a totally random number that could be someone elses, is which case his texts are getting through but he's getting no reply. Or is it so false that he's not even getting a delivery report. Or is it one digit off your number, in which case you MIGHT be able to claim memory loss. Or the best option: is it an old number you had before? Maybe you can say you lost your phone......

You know what, I'm like a dog chasing my tail! I can't see a reasonable excuse out of this because if you lost your phone, then why did you get a new number when it's always so much handier to just get your old number again. Especially if a romantic interest is going to be texting you!

Anyway, back to the gist of my post...he's 30 years of age, he'll have looked at every option as to why his texts haven't been delivered or replied to or whatever the case is, and will have copped what has happened.

I'm a 30 year old and looking at it from his point of view, he went up and put his balls on the line to chat up a random girl across the bar he thought was nice and by the time of your parting the next day, he will have thought he was a pretty fucking ace guy for pulling all the right moves and hitting it off with a nice girl.

But as the week went on, he would've realised that you gave him the wrong number, which basically meant you wrote him off straight away. That's a blow to his ego. So you'll have to do the approaching this time.

You say you hit it off that night and the next day and that may stand to you if you spot him again. He might shrug off the write off, after you have approached him, knowing that you had a connection and that you feel differently about him now than when you gave the false number.

But you have to be ready for the other option which is that he thinks you're screwing him around.
    At 30 years of age, most fellas will be able to tell you of how they thought they were onto a good thing, then the girl disappeared off the radar, no word from her despite the connection made.

It's the Bermuda Triangle of dating, so much so that we don't give it a second thought anymore. We assume she has no interest, that she's just boosting her ego after a recent break up or she's a prick-teaser or something, write off the lovely encounter and ignore her if we see her cause we couldn't be bothered with a head-wrecker!
    So even approaching him in this case could earn you a cold response!

Looks like being honest about what you did is the thing to do if you spot him and go over. He has doubts in his mind about you now so you have to dispel them for him, because if a relationship kicks off, those doubts about this unacknowledged lie will fester.

Here's to this weekend then!

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. Login to Send PM

WOW! It is so interesting seeing into a man's brain....

Some great advice there AC>..

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. pammy

Login to Send PM

Oh difficult one!! i would defo not write him a letter or go to his house or work, hell slap an injunction on your arse quicker than you can say bunny boiler.

Just go to the bar ans see if hes there and go over and say to him look i think i may have given you the wrong number last time, im really sorry, can i give it to you again? gauge his response dont chase him leave the ball in his court, i agree with AC he may not want anything to do with you after giving him the dud number but you can only try!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. AC

Login to Send PM

"I may have given you the wrong number last time, im really sorry", that's a good one Pammy. With that line she doesn't have to be all gushingly apologetic and be highlighting the situation so much (as a note might do).
    He should cop on at that stage that she's not a head-wrecker, that a wee error was made but no harm was done, now let's hit the sack!

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. Imaskingforafriend

Login to Send PM

Ok, so the only thing to do is go back to the same bar this weekend, which I can't do cause I'm away. I won't be a bunny boiler so I'll have to leave it up to fate. (unless it comes to a couple of weeks time and I want me some more of that huge co...) I jest. Although, it was massive!! (Blue Steel, I'm talking about his er, couch)

Maybe if everyone has positive thoughts about it I will bump into him randomly and everything will be A.O.K?

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. Login to Send PM

Sending positive thoughts!

I hear you on huge co....coastguards. Sending even more positive huge related thoughts.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.