The Stylebitches » BEAUTY

Products: Tried and Tested!

(36 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SarcasticFairy
  • Latest reply from gerbeenie
  1. Login to Send PM

Thought it might be a good idea to start a topic where you can reccommend random products that you love/have just tried, or tell us how awful they were to stop us buying them!

So, my first product is my new foundation. It the new Revlon one, Beyond Natural. I have never tried a Revlon rpoduct in my life, but I read several reviews on this one, and liked the sound. I love it. It goes on white and as you rub it in, it adapts to the colour of your skin. I got it in Light and it worked perfectly, however some of the darker ones can look a bit orangey, I am told. Worth a look see anyway!

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. fairynice

Login to Send PM

hmmm.. thats sound very interesting!! I like Revlon.. it has great coverage! hmmm.. what can I recommend... well probably Kerastase conditioners.. if you get the right one they are amazing.. and a bottle should ideally do you a month as you only need a small blob. and also, bumble and bumble shampoo for platinum blonde hair.. takes away any brassiness..!

Vaseline.. everyone should have some.. you can use it for your lips, to hightlight your cheekbones, to highlight your brow bones.. to moisturise dry hands and feet... and like I am using it now.. smothered all over my rudolph red nose!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. Login to Send PM

Great post Aoifs!!! Things I couldn't live without and can't recommend enough......

L'oriel Lash Architect Mascara

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm (thank you (B)!)

Body Shop Exfoliating Gloves

L'oriel Glam Bronze Spray Foundation for legs (even though I use it everywhere...the handiest instant tan I've ever used....but don't use near clean white walls! It's all about the bathroom!

St. Ives Facial Scrub - an oldy but a goody!

Body Shop Body Butter....any flavour!

No. 7 concealer - cheap as chips and works perfectly.

Bobby Brown eye shadows......they are NEVER ENDING!

Benefit Benetint. Just so flattering.

Elnette hairspray....I'm actually addicted to the smell!

I'll be back with more.......

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Login to Send PM

Oooh, I loooove Body Shop Body

Hmm, other stuffss....

I love Benefit blushers, in particular 10 and Dandelion (suit my pale skin!)

Aussie Three Minute Miracle hair treatment stuff.

L'Oreal Super Liner. It's a liquid liner with a spongy tip which makes it SO much easier to use than your usual liquid liner, but with the same effect.

Barry M Dazzle Dusts. I find them more or less on a par with MAC pigments, only much cheaper.

I'm sure there's loads of other stuff that I use all the time but can't think of!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Login to Send PM

Ooh they're all goodies too Aoife!

Don't you just LOVE products.

.........Mmmmmm

...........stuff with pretty packaging that promises to change our lives....

.......mmmmm *drool*

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. pammy

Login to Send PM

anything by benefit i love buuuut my all time fave is Astral moisturising cream its a fiver for a huuge tub and it is the best ive ever used

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. JANICE G

Login to Send PM

OH I LUV THIS TOPIC....

LAST FRIDAY I GOT MAX FACTOR FALSE LASH EFFECT MASCARA AND IT'S BRILL.... DOES EXACTLY WOT IT SAYS ON THE TIN....
    CAN'T PRAISE IT ENOUGH...

ALSO I GOT THE GARNIER EYE ROLL ON, IT WORKS WONDER'S.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. ruthie

Login to Send PM

I agree on the benefit products for their packaging alone, so so cute and their high beam is amazing!

I'm loving L'Oreal's mascara, the volume collagen one, it makes your eyelashes look as long as a camels!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Chertel

Login to Send PM

Benefits posytint+highbeam all the way for cheeks
    Sun shimmer is great for nights when ya havn't bothered tanning the night before, its a life-saver! The light one is getting quite hard to get though I find, hope its not going extinct like the old rimmel gel I used to love that!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. xgibletx

Login to Send PM

at the moment im in luuurrrrve with the Yes to Carrots range. the body mist i think is just DIVINE! and all their hair products are great too.. erm i love soap and glory stuff too they have a cellulite soap which is amazing tho gets worn down pretty quickly
    cant beat the aul E45 either after a 13 hour shift using alcohol hand wash uggh i shudder at the thought!
    also love redken everything for my ohsobroken hair at the moment.....
    theirs a lovely handmade beauty shop in cork too called 'lush' which makes this gorgeous face masks made from chocolate their beautiful!
    also yano that blue stick thing from 'bliss' its meant to have twenty uses but i (being a big eegit) bought it and i can only think of using it as lip balm?! any ideas on wat else i could do with it?

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. Login to Send PM

I loooooove Yes To Carrots too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Login to Send PM

Ooh have you tried Lush's 'Buffy the Backside slayer'? I wish they hadn't closed the Lush branches in Dublin Boo!

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Login to Send PM

Did they? Stupid mocks stole my life for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been in town much, but last time I was there, there was definitely a Lush on Henry St. and that street leading up to Grafton St (whatever it might be called! :P)

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. japanesebanana

Login to Send PM

clinque 3 step program for my skin, their foundation in alabastar is class aswell.

Collection 2000 do a lip and cheek tint that is identical to benefits.

Redken haircare!! I swear by it

Vaseline intesive care moisturiser

Mac studiofix

Glyciene for making eye pigments stick and be more vivid!

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Login to Send PM

(L) the Lush near Grafton Street was open today. You could smell it a mile away! Haha!

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. Login to Send PM

Clearly I have lost my mind, I thought that one was gone too! The one near me is no more That's good news yay!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. fairynice

Login to Send PM

I had that Buffy the butt slayer.. hahah.. smooth as a baby's.... you know the rest!

I am also a big fan of clinique make-up... the super balance makes my skin look dewy.. I like that! but I need a change now cos I've been wearing that for a while and it's like shampoo.. a change every once in a while is good.. Might get a Chanel foundation.. they are quite good...

OOOhhh and the sanctuary self heating body scrub is out of this world! LOVE it!

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Login to Send PM

Oh so do I!! Forgot about those! And the warming facial scrub is the best I've ever had. Ever ever ever.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. fairynice

Login to Send PM

oooh I didn't know they did the warming facial scrub... I'm so gettin some of that for tonight :):) ooh lovely jubbly! :):)

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. fairynice

Login to Send PM

I couldn't get that warming facial scrub in boots in Liffey Valley so I got soap and glory.. "scrub your nose in it" and it is great.. its kind of minty and you scrub you tea zone with it and you can leave it for a couple minutes on your whole face and then you have a nice fresh clean feeling afterwards :):) and at the min its 3 for 2 on soap and glory so I got the body scrub and a hair mask also.. I love stuff! ! ..

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. pammy

Login to Send PM

i LOVE soap and glory :);) have you tried Glow lotion? its fanny tastic

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. Login to Send PM

Oh iv a tip heehee The best make skin clear-up trick i SWEAR by is
    DUM DUM DUM...............
    Sudocream !!!!!
    xXx

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. Curlywurly

Login to Send PM

Hi ladies, (and some of the guys who are into that kind of thing!)just wanted to say, in a beauty product buying binge the last day i picked up No 7 skin illuminator that brushes on, i use it as a primer and it is fantabulous! Its only 14€ or so! I only got it as Id one of those 7.50 vouchers off you always get in boots! Will defo be picking it up again, my skin looks fresh as a lazy daisy!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. Ali

Login to Send PM

Only just discovered this post - how fabulous!
    Fairynice is right on the button with her Kerastase recommendations. It does exactly what it says on the bottle, actually, it does more. My hair is dyed off my head blonde, and the process at the hairdressers involves stopwatches Nurofen Plus and blisters - no pain no gain hey? - Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique is the best frickin' conditioner money can buy.

It stops my hair from falling out AND makes it all soft and shiny looking, if you have blonde hair, you know it's not always easy to achieve shiny locks akin to our brunette sisters.

Must check out this Collection 2000 lip and cheek tint, and Japanese Banana tell me more about this glycine you talk about.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. sarah lala

Login to Send PM

Nice one Ali : ) I'm blonde & my hair needs a bit of tlc.
    I love soap&glory too Pammy! Everyone should try the righteous butter, it makes ur legs so soft and lovely. I first had some for Christmas & now I'm addicted : )

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. Login to Send PM

im MAKE-UP addicted haha

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. La Betsy

Login to Send PM

Ok so last night my friend bought Clarins instant smooth for her mam (like a balm for your face, to be worn with or without make up). It claims to smooth out the appearance of wrinkles so I decided to buy it for my mammy and today I used some before I went to work. Now I don't have many wrinkles (being a young one an all that) but I do have a few laughter lines and the amount of people who commented on my skin today was unreal! Everyone was saying thigs liek You obviously got an early night last night' or 'What foudation are you wearing?' To which I quite happily replied... NONE!

I am so buying this for myself! It's amazing! It's like Beauty Flash Balm only... dare I say it?... Better!

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. Curlywurly

Login to Send PM

better than beauty flash balm you say? wa wa wee wa.. now for the big one ..how much??

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. Login to Send PM

Just posted this in 'loveliness,' but thought I';d share here too..

Today, my Johnsons fake tan is making me love ma bod-ay! i have figured out the secret to perfect Johnson's tan application -

Soap & glory exfoliate the bejaysus out of yourself in the shower, then exfoliate more using those glove things and body wash.

Absolutely slather yourself in the soap and glory 'righteous butter' when you get out of the shower - I mean, ayers of it. Let it soak in as you do your toe nail and hand nails. Byt the time you;re finished taking off the old polish from both, and have reapplied your toes, you're soaked in enough to apply the Johnson's. Apply in a massage like motion. As it's drying in, put on a face mask, and, still standing up nekked, apply your hand nail varnish. Run nails under cold tap for a few minutes to dry varnish. By now, the tan should have dried in enough to prevent streaks!

Try it! I might be totally insane but it works for me! Of corse, it is also dependent on how much time you have, but I like these little spa evening every now and again!

oh and I use the darker Johnsons...

Then the next day, to highlight the colour, I use the Sanctuary golden shimmer oil , the one that comes in the gold glass bottle.. Do NOT use this shimmer if wearing anything cream as it will destroy it...

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. La Betsy

Login to Send PM

23 euro! Couldn't believe it! Now its only a teeny pot but you only need the smallest amount!

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.